Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dusty Reads (#1)

I didn't really feel like doing a Top Ten Tuesday post this week, so I thought I'd try the new "Dusty Reads" meme started by Giselle @ Xpresso Reads. A "Dusty Read" is a book that you've had sitting on your shelf forever, but just haven't read yet. I think it's a novel idea. :)

This weeks "Dusty Read" is If I Should Die Before I Wake by Han Nolan


"As sixteen-year-old Hilary, a neo-Nazi, lies wounded in a Jewish hospital, she slips into a coma and begins to relive the harrowing memories of Chana-a Jewish girl whose family was brutalized in the wartime ghettos and Nazi death camps of Poland. At the same time, Hilary begins to come to terms with difficult memories of her own. When she wakes, she finally finds herself on the path to recovery from a lifetime of rage and resentment."

Han Nolan is most know for her book Dancing on the Edge, which was a National Book Award Finalist. I ended up finding  If I Should Die and Born Blue, another by Han Nolan, at a previous library book sale I volunteered at. I've since read Born Blue, but haven't read this one for some reason. Which doesn't make sense, because I love most historical fiction, especially ones set in this time period.   

If you've read If I Should Die Before I Wake, be sure to leave a comment telling me what you thought. It might be just the motivation I need to finally pick this one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment