Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (#4)

Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's Top Ten is...
Top Ten Books To Read During Halloween


1) Full Tilt by Neal Shusterman
A good, creepy novel about a demented amusement park. Written by the genius behind the Everlost trilogy. 

2) Coraline by Neil Gaimen
This is by far the creepiest book I've ever read. And just so you know my opinion, the movie was fine but can't even begin to compare to how creepy the book is. Coraline is one of my all time favorite books period. It's definitely a great Halloween read. 

3) Beautiful Demons by Sarra Cannon
This spooky tale is written by a self published author. One of the first ebooks I ever read. It didn't disappoint. 

4) The Shinning and Pet Sematary by Stephen King
Both Stephen King classics. Be sure to also check out the Pet Semetary movie, it was directed by the King of horror himself. 


5) Devilish by Maureen Johnson
Another good book about demons and the like. 

6) Bliss by Lauren Myracle
This one has some pretty creepy moments. You can tell from the bloody cover. 


7) Cell by Stephen King
This is a great zombie book. It'll make you scared to use your cell phone ever again. 
 
8) Lost Boys by Orson Scott Card
I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't say much except some creepy stuff happens. Vague, I know. 

9) The Boy Who Couldn't Die and Hell Phone by William Sleator
The Boy Who Couldn't Die pretty much explains itself. Hell phone has got the demon, visiting hell thing going on.

10) Raven's Gate by Anthony Horowitz
This is also a very creepy book. It's the start of a very good series. I don't want to give too much away, so it's about an orphaned boy that is sent to live in a very weird town. There's something very wrong with all the towns inhabitants and the way they act. 

11) Burnout by Adrienne Maria Vrettos
This one takes place on the day after Halloween. Ready for the plug? I'll be posting the review for this one tomorrow.  


What was in your Top Ten this week? Feel free to leave a link to your post below, or just tell me how great I am. 


1 comment:

  1. I really want to check out Cell, Bliss and Pet Semetary they sound scary.
    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete